A Beginners Guide To Smartwatches
We have written countless posts about how truly amazing smartwatches can be, but if you are still new to the blog or new to the smartwatch phenomenon, we have written the perfect beginners guide for you! Here you will learn exactly what a smartwatch is, learn about the different smartwatches that we offer, while also learning about all the amazing benefits that can be unleashed when you tap into your smartwatch's full potential. Below is all the tip and tricks on how to get started with owning your first smartwatch:
What Exactly Is A Smartwatch?
A smartwatch, in the simplest of terms, is pretty much a small computer for your wrist. Think of it as an extension of your smartphone, made to provide convenience and ease in situations in which your phone may not be the best match. A smartwatch can be used as a fitness tracker - doing incredible things like tracking your heart rate, measuring your steps and calories - but can also be used to as an incredible tool for time management, scheduling, and goalkeeping. While there are many variations to smartwatches and even the capabilities of those smartwatches, most can be used for those fitness trackers and for notifications such as text messages and emails. Here are some of our smartwatches at iTouch Wearables:
- iTouch Sport - the iTouch Sport Smartwatch is the closest to a fitness tracker that allows and promotes for a healthier lifestyle. You can track your calories, steps, sleeping habits, and more. There is also a multi-sports function on the watch that allows for you to track your fitness with any sport you choose. This watch is also waterproof so you can take it while you swim, surf, or simply in the bath if you forget to take it off.
- iTouch Air SE Smartwatch - the iTouch Air SE Smartwatch is a sleek and slimming smartwatch that combines a fitness tracker with some added benefits. Similar to the iTouch Sport Smartwatch, you can track your calories, steps, sleeping habits, heart rate, and blood oxygen levels. The watch, however, contains some added perks like like a built in GPS, a distance tracker, a sedentary reminder, active minute counter, and more!
- iTouch Air 2 Smartwatch - the iTouch Air 2 Smartwatch is like a phone for your wrist! With all the features that the iTouch Sport and iTouch Air SE smartwatches offer, the iTouch Air 2 contains some added bonus of a caller log, dialer, messaging, voice assistant, and more! It even has a built-in calendar to keep you posted on important events and dates.
- iTouch Curve Smartwatch - the iTouch Curve Smartwatch takes the shape of a classic analogue watch with all the benefits of an iTouch Air 2 smartwatch. With modern functionality and a classic style to match, you'll be able to make calls, get notifications on messages, set reminders, and more! Definitely check it out yourself.
What To Do With Your Smartwatch?
In purchasing a smartwatch, as we have said, there are numerous ways to tap into its full potential. From helping you keep your personal goals align to even providing a few fitness tips on the way, there are a number of ways to make your smartwatch unique to your. Here is an inside look at some of the features the come with your watch:
- Track Your Steps: every smartwatch comes built with an interior pedometer that measure the amounts of steps you take. You can set step goals by connecting your smartwatch to your smartwatch's app (such as pairing an iTouch Sport Smartwatch with the iTouch Wearables app), while being able to measure distance and calories burned. It is a great way to make sure you are remaining active, even during a busy workday - (hot tip: try walking in place during slow hours to try to get your step count up!)
- Sleep Monitor: your smartwatch comes with a sleep monitor that can track the number of hours you sleep, dividing it into hours of restful sleep, light sleep, or time awake. It can even judge your sleeping habits, providing you with a sleep quality score that can give you an inside look at how to change your habits if your score is low.
- Heart Rate Monitor: a heart rate monitor is an excellent tool for the fitness enthusiast looking to either burn calories and lose fat or build muscle. If you need to do a workout that requires you to be in a specific heart rate zone, the heart rate monitor is a quick and easy way to track exactly how many beats per minute your heart is pumping at.
- Blood Oxygen Rate Monitor: need to know your blood oxygen levels? Good news! Your smartwatch is capable of doing that as well and can sync your results right to your smartphone.
- Notifications: if you need to be alerted by any emails, text messages, or other apps, your smartwatch is built with a notification receiver that can show you messages right on its screen.
- Music Controller: your smartwatch can sync to your Spotify playlists, Pandora radio stations, and more! If you need to quickly change a song, want to go back to that one killer jam you've been having on repeat, or need a brief pause, you can control your music with a simple touch of your smartwatch.
- Camera Remote: trying to capture the most Instagram-able photo of your life but having difficulty? Your smartwatch comes with a built in camera remote that can act as a shutter. Sync your smartwatch to your phone's camera and tap when you need to take a picture.
Customizing Your Smartwatch
As we stated in a previous post, there is a lot you can do to customize your smartwatch. Beyond just being able to choose the color of your smartwatches app, or simply the color of the case, you can actually customize the watch faces through your smartwatch's app. Want something a little more sleek and modern? Scroll through the hundreds of modern clock faces to add a little spark to your watch. If you want something more classic and vintage, there are even analog-style looking watch faces to surely impress! An added bonus watch face even allows you to upload your own photo as the background to your watch face, so if you want a cute picture of you and your partner to help get you through the day, there's a style for that!
With this guide, you will surely be able to unlock and explore all the endless things your smartwatch can do! If you have any more questions about your smartwatch or simply want to share with us your favorite things about your smartwatch, follow us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and drop a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!