In today's modern world, we create ways to celebrate everything. Whether it be for celebrating your first job, your pet's birthday, or your child's graduation from kindergarten, taking time to come together and celebrate the joys in one's life can create a positive impact later on within your life. However, we often forget to celebrate ourselves and the little things we do everyday throughout our lives.
Though life is precious and life can be short, it can also be very stressful. You deserve to feel accomplished and take time to show yourself some self-love everyday. While it is important to take time to help and think of others, it is equally just as important to take time to promote a little "TLC" within your everyday. Taking the time to celebrate you and yourself can create a huge positive impact on your self-esteem, confidence, and mental health. Here are some simple ways you can learn to celebrate and enjoy life:
Relax and Take A Moment For Yourself
Taking time to relax and finding a moment for yourself is a great way to celebrate and enjoy your life. In relaxing, you are taking time away from the daily stresses that may interfere with your everyday life. By finding a moment to breath, focusing on yourself, and becoming present in the moment can create an increase in your well-being while ultimately providing a way to be thankful for life's simple pleasures. You will find that after you relax, you will be more motivated, feel more inspired, and be ready to take on the challenges of the next day. Here are our favorite ways to relax:
- Find a good book to read: I am sure there are one or two books sitting on your nightstand that you've been saying you will eventually read. Even if it is just for thirty minutes, take some time to pause and dig into a chapter or two. Get cozy in your favorite spot of the house, maybe get some coffee and tea, and take time to enjoy the quietness and peace.
- Listen to your favorite music: Whether you are a record lover, ultimate Spotify playlist maker, or simply just a music fan, find some of your favorite tunes to listen to. Whether you take a little time to dance around in your living room, or listen to some music while relaxing outside in a hammock, it is a great way to provide a little moment of self-care and relaxation.
- Take a bath or long shower: Call me indulgent, but I love a good bath. I consider it to be one of the best relaxation tools there are. Find yourself a few candles, maybe bring in that book you started, do you best Chandler Bing in the bath impression, and take a nice soak. Your body and mind will thank you in the end!
Find A Moment of Gratitude
I have said this once and I will say it again, take a moment to practice some gratitude! The endless benefits to practicing gratitude have an incredible benefit to your mental health. By practicing gratitude, you will find yourself being more thankful for the things you have in your life. You will also find that you will be able to sleep better, you will feel more alive, and you will also improve your immune system according to UC Davis psychologist Robert Emmons. By regularly reflecting on what you are thankful for, you will find that you will generate a better well-being and mood to all help you celebrate and enjoy life. These are ten simple ways to practice gratitude:
- Tell someone how much you love them and how you are thankful for them.
- Go outside and be thankful for the world around.
- Take time to spread little acts of kindness.
- Create a gratitude list and take time to meditate and reflect on each thing.
- Take time to nourish the friendships that you have and be thankful for the friends you have.
- Embrace challenges and turn them into new opportunities.
- Be thankful for new things you learn.
- Say thank you for the little things that your family and friends do for you - do not take them for granted.
- Do something nice for others when others do nice things for you.
- Always try to see the positive within the negative in your life.
Connect With Your Friends, Family, and Community
One of the most simple ways to celebrate and enjoy life is to include those around you more in your life. When you generally think about all the happiest moments within your life, it was probably shared with other people. The most critical point in living a meaningful life is being able love and connect with others. So take moments to spend time with those who you love and your community. Whether you take time to volunteer, spent a moment with some you are more intimate with, or just being a support system to a friend, you will discover that you will find more meaning out of life. All in all, creating a more enjoyable and positive outlook to your life.