We've talked about herbs and plants for your body, we've talked about herbs for your mental health and stress, and we've even talked about herbs for self-care. Now we are going to discuss that utter amazingness that herbs can provide for your face! After taking on your new minimalist skin-care regime, why not treat yourself to an easy-to-do, DIY herbal face mask or facial scrub. The ultimate way to kick your feet and relax, these herbal face masks and facial scrubs combine all your loves of aromatherapy and self-care with the incredible powers of herbalism. Keeping it all natural allows your face to feel refreshed, not having to deal with any harsh chemicals or alcohols that can damage your skin and make you feel dry or tight. While these may not be the best for your everyday skin-care routine, these are a fun way to treat yourself after a long week of killing it at your job or crushing all of your school work! Here are some of our favorite DIY herbal face mask and facial scrub recipes:
Rose and Eucalyptus Facial Scrub
This scrub's star ingredients are the bergamot and eucalyptus essential oils, in which provide your body with several benefits such as being an antidepressant, relaxant, and sedative. Both essential oils can also provide analgesic benefits as well, in which it stimulates the body in making hormones that lessen nerve pain from headaches and muscle aches. Bergamot essential oils are also good for disinfectants, helping protect your skin from infections and other germs.
- 1 cup of Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup of Coarse Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Oil
- 20 Drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 6 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 Teaspoons Crushed Dried Rose Petals
- 4 Teaspoons of Dried Lemon Balm Leaf
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Transfer to a sterilized and clean airtight glass container, storing for two days before use.
Herbal Bentonite Clay Facial Mask
This face mask uses bentonite clay, which is a powerful ingredient that can help draw out toxins from the skin, exfoliate and soften the skin, and also reduce the redness and appearance of breakouts on the face. The calendula and lavender can aid in soothing the skin while also helping for skin irritations.
- 3/4 Cup of Old-Fashioned Oatmeal - Ground Fine
- 1/4 Cup of Dried Lavender Buds - Ground Fine
- 1/2 Cup of Dried Calendula - Ground Fine
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of Bentonite Clay
- In a spice grinder or food processor, grind together the oatmeal, lavender buds, calendula, and flaxseed, until fine. In a glass container mix well with bentonite clay. Don’t use metal with the bentonite clay as it can draw out the toxins in the metal.
- To make the face mask: mix one teaspoon of the mask with 3/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3/4 teaspoon water to make a paste. Apply to face and allow to dry for 5 to 20 minutes. Wash with warm water and a cloth, exfoliating your skin with the clay.
Turmeric and Mint Face Mask
Turmeric is an amazing ingredient that has amazing anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, helping in being a treatment for sun exposure, acne, stretch marks, blackheads, and more.
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon of Aloe Vera
- 1 Teaspoon of Mint - Mashed (Can Be Dried or Fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until a smooth paste forms. Apply to the face and leave on for 20 - 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Share with us your favorite DIY herbal face masks that you want us to know by following us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and by dropping a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!