Reiki is a simple process that can have a profound effect on the body. In the easiest of terms, reiki is an energy healing technique that works holistically on the body, meaning that it uses natural healing vibrations to treat the mind, body, and spirit. The main purpose of the treatment is to not only support the physical mind, but to also promote a positive well-being and mind. Additionally, reiki can be beneficial in causing overall mental wealth, in which you can enjoy life more and maintain your energy levels. What is so great about reiki is the widespread benefits that come from repeated practices. Even in your first session, you will find that you will feel more harmonized, relaxed, and grounded, while your actual body reaps its on benefits. If you are curious about what reiki can do for you, check out these many incentives that come from the healing power of reiki:
What Happens In A Reiki Session
Reiki is usually held in a peaceful setting, but it truly can be carried out anywhere at anytime (I actually had a reiki session in the middle of a coffeeshop). Within your session, you are usually seated in a chair or could be lying on a coach or table, but generally you will find you would want a comfortable place. Within a session, the reiki practitioner usually begins by placing their hands lightly over specific areas of the body, usually leaving them there for around two to five minutes. The hands usually go around twenty places of the body, finding specific areas in which energies can be grounded, centered, extracted, or more.
While the practitioner places their hands over or on the body, the energies are being transferred between you and the conduit. During this time, the practitioners hands may become warm and even start tingling. Each hand position is held until the practitioner can no longer sense energy being transferred or the energy has stopped. Once that happens, the practitioner may move their hands to a different part of the body.
Mental Benefits of Reiki
Within a reiki session, most people have reported an overall greater sense of well-being and positivity. During the practice, people have found that they feel less stressed, becoming more energetic and clear-minded. However, there are also many other mental benefits that come from a session:
- Promotes Harmony and Balance - Reiki is a non-invasive but effective energy healing technique that allows your body to enhance its natural healing processes while also helping in energizing and relaxing your body. Reiki works in balancing the body on all levels, while being able to restore the left and right side of the brain - the mental and emotional.
- Creates Deep Relaxation - Reiki helps to deeply relax the body, as it allows the person to focus on solely themselves and just their mind and body. You will become more grounded with yourself, providing an overall sense of mindfulness.
- Clears The Mind and Promotes Focus - Reiki can help you stay centered while being able to clear your mind. It can strengthen your ability to work and allow you to approach situations and people in more supportive of ways.
Physical Benefits of Reiki
Besides the mental benefits of reiki, there are many other incentives that can aid in your body and physical health. While all the mental benefits can help in reducing stress, creating a positive well-being, and mental clarity, these advantages go hand-in-hand with what reiki can do for your body.
- Aids In Better Sleep - Reiki can be beneficial for improving sleep, as the more relaxed we feel, the more ease we will have when we sleep. With the increased ability at falling asleep. you will find that your body will begin to have an excelled adaptation in its healing processes.
- Can Improve Overall Heart Health - It is found that a reiki session can improve overall heart health, meaning that reiki is a great way to improve your breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure. With its deep breathing exercises and respiration, your body will begin to stabilize and remain in its parasympathetic nervous system phase.
- Relieve Muscle Tension, Joint Pain, or Other Ailments - Within each reiki practice, you will find that it can help relieve a number of ailments like arthritis, sciatica, migraines, and other symptoms like asthma, chronic fatigue, menopause, and insomnia.
Whether you are looking for a new way to relax, or seriously are in need to become in-tune with your body again, reiki may be the solution for you. Share with us whether or not you will try reiki by following us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and by dropping a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!