Easy Resistance Band Exercises
Resistance bands add an extra challenge to your exercises but do not put the same amount of stress on the body as a weight. They can also help you focus on joints and muscles that you may not typically work. They are a great tool to add to all of your fitness routines. Keep reading for easy resistance band exercises.
Lateral Leg Raise
This exercise strengthens the hip muscles. Before beginning, find the right band for you. Resistance bands come in light, medium, and hard resistances. If you do not workout regularly, you should start with a light band.
- Lay on the left side of your body and place the resistance band around your ankles. Then, place one of your hands behind your head as a cushion and use the other hand to lay across your chest and onto the floor. This is to keep you stable and balanced. Extend both of your legs out straight, while keeping them stacked on top of each other.
- Slowly lift your leg and squeeze your butt tightly together. You should lift your leg as high as you can before your back begins to curve.
- Lower your leg back to starting position. Then turn rotate your body and do the exercise on the other leg.
- Repeat the process on each leg 20 times.
Kickbacks work your butt as well as your hip muscles. It allows for you to increase your flexibility by stretching and contracting the muscles.
- First, place the resistance band around one of your ankles and the arch of the opposite foot. Then proceed to position yourself onto your hands and knees.
- Lift the leg in which you put the band on the arch of your foot. You should aim to kick it straight out or to the best of your abilities.
- Lower your leg and return it back to starting position. You must then do the same motions on the opposite leg.
- This should be done for 10 reps per leg.
The bridge exercise is the perfect way to isolate the butt area. You can tone and tighten your muscles through this movement.
- Lie on your back and lay your hands flat next to your sides. Your knees should be bent while your feet are shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor. Now, loop the resistance around your thighs.
- Squeeze your glutes and abdominal muscles and push to lift your hips a few inches off the ground. Your body should form a straight line with your shoulders. This position should be held for 10 seconds and then you may release back down to the floor. When you release, be sure to keep the tension in your glutes and abs.
- You should do this for 5 reps.
The exercise is excellent for working the upper back and shoulder joints. These areas of the body help to improve a person's overall posture.
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the resistance band in both hands. There should be about a foot between each end that you are holding.
- Pull the band apart slowly while keeping your arms aligned with your shoulders. Then bring your hands back in. While doing these moves, you should remain tight and firm.
- Repeat the process for 10 reps.
Share your easy resistance band exercises by tagging us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!