Top 3 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
What do you do with your pumpkins after you have taken your pictures and decorated them? The answer is simple; cook and eat them! It's fall and everyone is going crazy for pumpkin spice lattes. However, there are so many more recipes than just that. Continue reading for our top 3 pumpkin recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Pumpkin spice has been delivered in a new way with these waffles. They are gluten free and delicious. These waffles are so soft due to the addition of oat flour. This can be bought in-store or made on your own. To make the oat flour, you simply blend quick cooking oats or old fashioned oats in a food processor until they are finely ground into a flour. For this recipe to be gluten free, you must use gluten free oats.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and spices together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be a tad lumpy. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a waffle iron, pour the dough into the center of the pan. Once the ends are golden brown, take the waffles out and transfer them to a cooling rack.
Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
This delicious vegan, dairy free, and gluten free recipe is sure to make you fall in love with all things pumpkin. This recipe is ready in just 15 minutes. It is simple and great for family dinners. Who said comfort food couldn't be healthy?!
- Choose your favorite pasta and cook according to the instructions.
- To make the milk for the cream, blend cashews and warm water into a blender until creamy. This usually takes about 1 minute.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and sauté olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and sage.
- Next, add a portion of the cashew cream and pumpkin puree. Stir until it is smooth, and then add the remaining cream.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, strain and place it in a bowl, adding the sauce on top.
- Serve and eat!
These bites are packed with nutrition to keep you going all day long. They are gluten free, vegan, high in fiber, and sugar free. Everything you love about pumpkin pie in a bite sized healthy treat. These are a great treat to get you in the fall mood.
- In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, almond butter, stevia extract, salt, and cinnamon, and beat on medium speed.
- Add quinoa flakes and oats, then mix again for a few seconds.
- Roll the dough into a giant ball and place back in the mixing bowl. Then, place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a lined cookie sheet, roll the dough into tiny balls and serve immediately. You can also place them back in the fridge and store for later.