Best Meatless Burger Recipes
If you eat a plant-based diet, then you know the struggle of trying to find delicious meatless replacements. Lucky for you, you can make your own vegetarian or vegan recipes that taste just as great. Satisfy your greasy cravings once and for all with these best meatless burger recipes!
Classic Black Bean Veggie Burger
Veggie burgers are the most popular meatless burger out there. Nonetheless, here's how you can easily create one yourself!
- In a food processor, pulse 2 cans of black beans, 1/2 of an onion, and 2 cloves of garlic until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl and combine with 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, and 3/4 cups of panko bread crumbs. Season generously with salt and pepper and form the mixture into 4 patties, then refrigerate until firm (about 15 minutes).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add patties and cook until golden and warmed through (about 5 minutes per side).
- Then top each patty with a slice of cheese of your choice and cover the skillet to melt.
- Now In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of ketchup and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Spread mixture onto bottom buns, then add burgers. Top with tomato, lettuce, any additional topping, and remaining bun halves. Finally, enjoy!
Chickpea Guac Burger Recipe
Who doesn't love guac? This avocado mash on top of a chickpea burger patty is exactly the missing meal you need in your life.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats and a can of chickpeas in a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop.
- Next chop and sauté your vegetables in a healthy cooking oil: 1 jalapeño pepper, 1/3 cup bell pepper, 1/3 cup onion, 1/2 cup shredded carrot, and 1-2 tablespoons of green onion. Season with 1/4 cup of hot sauce (or buffalo sauce equivalent) and add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Now add the freshly sauteed veggies to your chickpea mixture, then stir in 1 egg or flax egg. Roll the mixture into four balls and form your burger patties. Note that you can let these set for 15 minutes in the fridge or be left overnight to be made the next day!
- When you're ready to eat, pour 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and heat to medium-high. Cook for a few minutes on each side until you're left with a golden crust and a warm center. Repeat for each burger, or cook two at once if there's room.
- Once cooked all the way through, slather your buns with extra hot/buffalo sauce to taste, pile them high with lettuce, cheese, avocado mash, and all of your favorite burger toppings. Now eat up!
Best Portobello Mushroom Burger
Move over beans, for this next meatless burger is made from tasty portobello mushrooms.
- Start by preheating the oven to 375° F. Then in a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cups of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder, and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Next, dip 4 large portobello mushroom caps in the mixture, and place mushrooms face-down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
- After the mushrooms are done, place on brioche buns and top with desired toppings and serve!
Quinoa Meatless Burger Recipe
This isn't your average quinoa burger. The addition of dried tomato and mozzarella surely makes a huge difference!
- First cook 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of vegetable broth and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Then stir all of the following ingredients together until thoroughly combined to make the burgers: 1 cup cooked quinoa, 3/4 cup low part skim mozzarella shredded cheese, 2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 1/2 eggs, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon chopped scallion/green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Divide into 4 burgers on a parchment paper and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Next add the burgers into the pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- When complete, place on a paper towel to cool and remove excess oil. Add to a bun with your favorite toppings and dig in!