Delicious Cashew Milk & Cheese Recipe
Cashews; a nut that grows on trees and is incredibly rich in protein, minerals and vitamins. They are rich in heart-healthy fats that lower your risk of cardiovascular disease, and even improve bone health. Not only are these power houses high in nutritional value, but they have some seriously creamy abilities. If you are tired of eating cashews the traditional way, try some cashew milk and cheese!
Summer is officially here... what a great time to try new things! If you aren't a fan of dairy, this cashew milk recipe is perfect for you. Not only is cashew milk healthy, but it is incredibly refreshing on these hot summer days. Keep reading to find out how to make this great dairy alternative, and make all your creamy dreams come true.
- Soak your cashews in water for 4 hours or more, then drain and rinse
- Add cashews and 4 cups of water to a blender, and blend on high for two minutes
- Optional: add in sweeteners
- Blend on high for two minutes until the cashews are totally pulverized
- If the cashews are not completely pulverized, then strain the milk through a fine mesh bag
- Store the milk in your refrigerator until cold, and it'll be good for 3-4 days!
Note: If you would like your milk creamier, then you can add less water!
There is nothing better than a versatile spread, and that’s just what cashew cheese is. Cashew cheese is perfect to use in place of any spread, hummus, or traditional dairy cheese. Look at the recipe below for your new go to spread or even your new summer staple!
- Soak 1 cup of cashews for at least 2 hours, drain and rinse
- Place 1 cup of soaked cashews, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper in a food processor or blender
- Add ¼ cup water (more as needed) to your blender or food processor until the cheese is of hummus texture
- Place your cheese into the fridge and it will keep for up to 6 days!
Note: Feel free to add any other spices, herbs or flavorings to your cheese!
Share with us your cashew milk and cheese recipes by tagging us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!