How To Prevent Wrinkles From Forming
Anti-Aging - I am sure at one point we have all been curious about what it takes to prevent our skin from getting wrinkles. I will be honest in saying that even though I am technically in my heyday as a young 20-something, I still worry about keeping my skin fresh, clear, and wrinkle-free. While I can still certainly get away with a one-glass-of-white-wine-too-many or even a four-hours-of-sleep kind of night without it being written all over my face, I know I still have to do what is right in keeping my skin as good as it can be. I was told that the key to keeping your skin wrinkle-free is by starting early - but what exactly should I be doing? Well, I did the research. Not just for me but for anyone who wants to prevent wrinkles. Here is what I found in how to prevent wrinkles from forming.
Get Into A Skincare Regime
When it comes to preventing wrinkles, it is best to find a skincare regime to keep your skin and face feeling fresh and clean. To do so, here are some steps that I have found that seem to be the most effective:
- Find something formulated for your skin type - Pay attention to what kind of skin you have—is it oily? Dry? Acne-prone? Using products that cater to those issues will keep your skin healthier overall. I also wrote a mini-guide on minimalist skin-care that breaks this down further which you can read here: An Inside Look At The Minimalist Skincare Regime
- Do not break the cardinal rule of skincare - ALWAYS wash off the day's makeup, oil, and bacteria. Before bed, you must cleanse your face with some type of cleanser or exfoliater. Then tone your skin with a toner and apply a serum under your moisturizer that has some type of anti-aging properties.
- Go easy on anti-aging skincare products - It was found in many studies that anti-aging products have potent active ingredients in them that increase the metabolism of the cells, sometimes being too active or damaging for a younger complexion. If you are in your 20's, your skin is already metabolically active, the stimulation of anti-aging products could possibly increase breakouts.
- Get facials - Deep pore cleansing facials are a must as they not only prevent aging, but destroy bacteria to prevent acne blemishes.
- Use eye cream. By starting at a young age, you can help prevent the formation of wrinkles in the eye area, which is the first part of the face that shows signs of aging. You should use a well-formulated eye cream to keep the delicate area nourished and protected.
Take Control Of What You Eat and Drink
Keeping up a healthy diet is an essential part of an anti-wrinkle skincare regime. For starters, eat a diet packed full of foods rich in antioxidants. These foods help in minimizing cell damage, fight aging from the inside-out, plus they are also high in fiber, low in saturated fat, and a good source of vitamins. If you are looking for these types of foods, aim for leafy-green vegetables, fruits, avocados, nuts or seeds, and berries. It is essential to also drink plenty of water. There are plenty of tips in how to make sure you are staying hydrated, such as these:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
- Keep water next to your bed when you go to sleep at night.
- Keep water at your desk at work.
- Carry a water bottle with you in your bag.
- Drink before, during, and after exercise. If exercising for longer than 60 minutes, consider a drink like cucumber water or even watermelon juice to keep you hydrated.
Stay Protected From The Sun
Sun protection is without question one of the best, if not the best, way to prevent aging for young skin. You should be using sunscreen every single day of the year, not only when it is just sunny. If you have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, it is recommended that you find a sunscreen that dries to a matte finish, such as one that contains a formula with zinc oxide. For normal to dry skin, us a chemical-free, all-mineral formula to ensure you are doing what you need to protect your skin.
While these are just simple tips to help, if you are worried about your skin, it is best to consult with a dermatologist. Share with us your tips for anti-aging by following us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and by dropping a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!