5 Sweet Potato Recipes To Satisfy Your Craving
Have you ever had a craving for sweet potatoes but don't know any creative or good recipes? Whether you're looking for a side dish, snack or entire meal, sweet potatoes are great. We have some sweet potato recipes to satisfy your cravings!
Sweet Potato Wedges
With this recipe, you can replace boring french fries out of your life forever! It is simple and can be added to any meal.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Using 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, slice them vertically into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges into a bowl and combine with garlic flavored olive oil, dry mustard, fresh rosemary, and salt.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly brown. Turn them over at the 15 minute mark.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Pie Bars
These bars are the perfect portion to serve to all your guest this holiday season. This is also a dessert that, unlike many, is a healthy choice.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and dice 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes and place into a vegetable steamer. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Next, you can start preparing the crust. Stir 2 tablespoons of ground flax with 5 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and set aside. This mixture will need time to thicken.
- Place pecans, oats, and salt into a food processor and process until finely crumbled.
- Now add the pecan and oats to the flax mixture. Mix until it is combined well. It should form a dough-like substance.
- Grease a baking tray and place the dough into the pan. Using a spatula, spread and press the dough so that it is firmly packed into the corners of the pan.
- Now, add steamed sweet potatoes to the food processor and add milk, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt. After this is mixed together, add it over the oat mixture. You can use the spatula again to make sure it is packed into the pan tightly.
- Place the pan into the oven and allow for 35 minutes of cooking time. After the bars are done cooking, place the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Top with whip cream and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast is no longer a bad thing. These sweet potato cookies will make you hate skipping breakfast.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1 cup of oats to a blender and ground. Then place into a large bowl and whisk together with almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash 1 cup of sweet potatoes and add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. After the mixture is combined, slowly pour it into the flour bowl.
- Lightly stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. While taking small amounts of the batter, roll it into 2-inch balls and place on the sheet.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown or for about 30 minutes. After they have finished, place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Chai-Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes
These are a great weekend treat for the whole family. Nothing says Fall better than sweet potato mixed with Chai spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, egg, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and mashed sweet potato.
- Add the dry mixture in small increments until combined into a thick batter. If batter becomes too thick, add a small amount of extra milk.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil and heat the bottom of the pan. After a few minutes, drop small amounts of batter onto the pan and cook each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with pecans and maple syrup, and enjoy!
Gingery Sweet Potato Pie
This is going to be the most talked about dessert at the table! It is a new delicious and unique take on fall treats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Poke sweet potatoes with a fork all over and place in oven to roast for 1 hour.
- For this recipe you can use store-bought pie crust to save you some stress. Roll the dough into a 13-inch circle and place on a 9-inch round pan. Cook the crust for 10 minutes in the oven.
- After removing the potatoes from the oven, remove the skin and mash them. In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with milk, eggs, and ginger. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and mix again. Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and place onto a cool rack after completed.
- Add whipped cream and serve!