Fall is here for a short amount of time, so you probably want to make the most out of your fall activities. Most of you go apple picking, but don't really know what to do with all those apples after. Instead of eating a boring apple, indulge in our delicious apple recipes. Once you try them, you will be going back for seconds!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
If you thought ordinary cinnamon rolls were good, wait until you try these!
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk and butter. Next, place the bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds. After it is finished, take it out and stir the ingredients. The mixture should be warm but not hot.
- In a larger bowl, mix yeast, flour, sugar, and salt. Then, stir to blend together. Now, you can add eggs and the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Using a standard mixer, beat on medium for about 5 minutes until the dough begins to form.
- Now that the dough is completed, lay it out onto a floured surface and use a rolling pin to flatten it out.
- To begin making the filling, whisk sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Next you will want to finely dice about 2 apples. Spread the sugar mixture evenly onto the dough you have created, and then place the apples on top.
- Now you must tightly roll the dough and lightly pinch the seams when you are finished. Then grease a medium sized pie pan thoroughly. You should now cut the large roll into smaller ones and place into the pan. If the rolls are touching, that is okay. Allow the rolls to cook for about 25-35 minutes.
- Once they come out of the oven, let them cool and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple Muffins
Muffins just got a little better with the addition of apples. This is a great Fall recipe that you can enjoy all year round. They can even be left in the freezer for up to 6 months!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and be sure to spray your muffin pan well.
- Dice 1 1/2 apples and place in a mixing bowl. Next add cinnamon and flour and stir to be sure the apples are coated well.
- In a large bowl add sugar, flour, almond creamer, oil, and vanilla, and then whisk to combine.
- Add the apple mixture into the larger bowl and stir.
- Once you have mixed the batter, divide it evenly throughout your muffin pan.
- Place in oven and let the muffins cook for 20 minutes. Then place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Once they are finished, you may add additional caramel sauce to the top.
Apple Crumb Cheesecake
If you are looking for something special to bring to a party this season, look no further. This cheesecake is sure to be a hit!
First we will start with the filling:
- Drizzle lemon juice over 4 cups of diced apples and toss to coat.
- In a sauce pan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk in small amounts of water until all ingredients dissolve.
- Place the mixture over medium heat for 2 minutes and apples into the mixture.
- Freeze the mixture for 4-6 hours or until it is thick.
Next we will make the cheesecake:
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 inch round baking pan.
- Place a pie crust onto the dish and mold the edges to fit properly. Place in the refrigerator until it is ready to be filled.
- Now using a miser, beat a bar of cream cheese until it is creamy. Then add sugar and eggs while beating again. Be careful not to over do this process because the mixture will become very loose.
- Now spread this mixture onto the pie crust. Then add the apples on top.
- Enjoy your finished product!
Finish off with the Crumb topping:
- Combine flour, quick cooking oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and unsalted butter.
- After mixing the ingredients, sprinkle on top of apple filling and place cake in the oven for 40 minutes. After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for 1 hour and then place in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Serve the cake with vanilla ice cream and a caramel topping for extra flavor!
Chocolate Covered Apple Slices
This recipe is quick and easy! It is perfect activity to do with the kids as well.
- Cut apples into 1/2 inch slices. At the bottom of the apples, use a knife to cut a small slit to insert a Popsicle stick.
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes. If they are not melted, place back in for 30-second intervals and stir in between.
- Dip apple slices into the chocolate and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- If you desire, you can add sprinkles or caramel drizzle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
You no longer need to buy apple cider from the store! It can be easily made right in your own home.
- Using a slow cooker, add 6 bags of chai tea, apple slices, 2 cinnamon sticks, and vanilla bean.
- Let cook for 3-4 hours.
- Discard the teabags after it has cooked and stir in a small amount of lemon juice.
- Serve warm with cinnamon sticks and apple slices.