5 Beautiful And Yummy Smoothie Bowl Recipes
Smoothie bowls almost look too pretty to eat. Although some think they're a treat, they're actually packed with super-food ingredients. There are many flavors and fruits out there to make this thick smoothie. Thus, we compiled 5 beautiful and yummy smoothie bowl recipes for you to try this summer!
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
If you're craving a slice of carrot cake, then opt for this alternative instead. It's all the flavors you love in a healthy bowl, so what's better than that?
- In a large blender, combine: 2 bananas, 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat yogurt, 3 tablespoons of almond milk, 2 tablespoons of almond butter, 1/2 cup of finely shredded carrots, 2 tablespoons of sweetened coconut flakes, 1/4 cup of fresh pineapple, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pulse on high speed until well-blended
- Then pour equally into 2 large bowls and top with banana slices, sweetened coconut flakes, whole roasted almonds, shredded carrots, or golden raisins
Another favorite smoothie recipe is the classic acai bowl. There are many benefits involved since it's loaded with antioxidants and healthy omega acids. Acai can help burn fat, slow down aging, lower high cholesterol, reduce free radicals, and improve heart health. Simply combine the ingredients below and you got yourself a meal!
- 250 ml of rice milk
- 1 scoop of acai powder
- 1 scoop of soaked oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mixed berries, dried mulberries, and dried inca berries
- Choice of adding peanut butter, nutella, or additional fruit
Mango Smoothie Bowl
The next smoothie bowl is the perfect summer treat. Mango's give off the perfect tropical vibe, and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. Eating super vibrant and bright colors is a tell-tale sign that you're getting more nutrients, so enjoy!
- Add 1 cup of coconut water, 1 1/2 cups of frozen mango chunks, 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple chunks, and 1/2 banana into a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for one minute, until thick and creamy consistency.
- Then pour into a bowl and add your toppings such as more mangoes, pineapples, blueberries, coconut flakes, and granola
Raspberry Breakfast Bowl
Another smoothie bowl that's loaded with nutrients and makes a yummy breakfast is a raspberry one.
- Blend 10 ounces of frozen peaches or mango's with 1 cup of water. Then blend 10 ounces of raspberries with 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Combine the two fruit puree mixtures and stir 1/3 cup of chia seeds, 1/4 cup of flaxmeal, 1/4 cup of honey, and a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with toppings of your choice such as berries, granola, nuts, coconut, and cream
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
Our last beautiful and delicious smoothie bowl recipe is another spin on a dessert. If you love apple pie, then you must try this! (BONUS if you add some greens to your apple pie smoothie bowl for an extra boost, or make it vegan by eliminating the yogurt and adding more almond milk).
- Place 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup of non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, 2/3 cup of apple sauce, 1/4 cup of rolled oats, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of almond milk (optional: handful of fresh spinach or kale) in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Serve with lots of fixings such as sliced apples, nuts, granola, caramel, or cinnamon.