Delicious & Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Summer is here, and there's no better refreshing treat than an ice-cold smoothie! Whether you're poolside, deciding on a dessert or breakfast recipe, or need something to eat before a workout, we got you covered. Here are our top delicious and healthy smoothie recipes that anyone can make this season!
Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
This sweet and creamy strawberry smoothie will feel like a treat, but it's actually super nourishing and filled with potassium, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
- In a blender, combine: a ripe or frozen peeled banana, 1 1/2 cups of strawberries without stems, 1/2 cup of your choice of milk, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, and a couple ice cubes
- Then add 1 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the blender.
- Next blend on high speed until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender once or twice.
- Finally taste and add one teaspoon of honey to sweeten if necessary. And enjoy!
If you need a caffeine fix before your morning workout, then you'll love this mocha smoothie loaded with cold brew and chocolate.
- In a high-speed blender, combine: a banana, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of cold brew coffee concentrate, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, and a couple ice cubes.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender once or twice.
- Finally pour and drink up for an instant energy boost!
This type of smoothie is great because you can personalize it to be your own. Simply toss in some protein and healthy fats, and you'll remain satisfied all day!
- In a blender, add 1 cup of your dark greens (kale or spinach) and 1 cup of your liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water, low-fat cow’s milk, or water). Blend to break down the leaves.
- Next add your fruits (1/2 banana, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 cup of peaches, 1/2 cup of mango, or 1/2 cup blueberries).
- Then add 2 tablespoons of your omega-3's (hemp hearts, flax seeds, or chia seeds) and your option of protein (yogurt or almond butter).
- After that, add 1 teaspoon of your sweetener (honey, agave, dates) and an optional flavor (salt, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, matcha, parsley, or cilantro)
- Finally, blend until completely smooth, taste and add ingredients if needed, and serve!
Chunky Monkey Smoothie
If you're looking for a healthy dessert recipe, then look no further. This smoothie is easy to digest, cool, and creamy for any occasion.
- Blend together: one ripe banana, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 2 cups of coconut milk, 3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon of honey until smooth.
- Then add 6-9 ice cubes and grind until you get the consistency of a milk shake.
- Finally pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tropical Mango Smoothie
A sweet way to start or end your day is with this refreshing tropical smoothie. The turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory properties, as it's completely vegan!
- In a blender, combine: 1 cup of frozen mango chunks, 1 banana roughly chopped, 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, and 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Then add 1 cup of the coconut milk beverage and blend until smooth.
- Serve cold and get your sip on!