Avocados have been around forever, however it wasn't until recently that people started to discover how great and delicious they truly are. They can be tricky because they only stay ripe for a short amount of time. When they are in-season and accessible, experiment and try these different ways to eat an avocado!
This seems to be the most popular choice among millennials. Instead of ordering it for brunch, learn how to finally make it yourself.
- Mash up half an avocado, and season to your liking
- Toast 2 slices of bread in a toaster or toaster oven
- Smear the avocado on the toast, and enjoy!
- OR add other ingredients on top such as salmon, tomatoes, or eggs
Baked Avocado Egg
The ultimate source for protein for any meal of the day. It's literally an egg inside an avocado and SO easy to do.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice a ripe avocado in half and remove the seed. Then take out about 2 tablespoons of it from the center, just enough for an egg to fit inside.
- Crack an egg inside each half, making sure that the egg white covers the yolk so it doesn't get dry when baking.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 min or until the egg is cooked.
- Season with chives, salt and pepper, hot sauce, or whatever you like before eating.
A super quick, easy, and delicious smoothie. It contains an avocado, banana, and coconut - get the name now?
- Put 1/2 cup coconut water, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 peeled banana, 1/2 peeled avocado, and 4-5 ice cubes into a blender
- Blend until it's smooth, and enjoy!
This yummy meal is COMPLETELY vegan, so now anyone can enjoy a quesadilla at their pleasure.
- Smash half an avocado and spread it out on one tortilla.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add diced tomatoes, 2-3 tablespoons of chives or green onions, and anything else you’d like inside. Then place the other tortilla on top.
- Put a nonstick pan on medium heat and let the quesadilla sit for a couple minutes or until it’s golden on one side.
- Flip to the other side, cut into triangles, and go eat!
Let's not forget about dessert. Yes - you can make avocado pudding and yes, it does taste amazing.
- Blend together 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 cup of almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of crushed almonds, dark chocolate, or another treat of your choice.
- This creates 2 servings, so choose to enjoy it with a friend or keep it chilled in the fridge for tomorrow!
Share your favorite ways to eat an avocado with us by tagging us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!