Fast & Easy Breakfast Recipes
We're always on-the-go, but that doesn't mean we have to skip the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is important for revitalizing your body and giving it the energy it needs to take on the day. You're not only feeding your body, but your mind as well. Before you miss this vital meal, try these fast and easy breakfast recipes each morning.
These easy egg wraps are perfect for a high-protein and low-carb morning. All you need is an egg, and then any addition toppings you desire such as turkey, avocado, cheese, hummus, fruit, yogurt.
- Start by heating a small skillet over medium heat and greasing the bottom with butter or oil.
- Then in a bowl, crack one egg and mix well with a fork.
- Next, pour the egg into the hot pan and tilt the pan to spread egg into a large circle on the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook 30 seconds and sprinkle with seasonings if desired (this can be salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano).
- Carefully flip with a large spatula and let cook another 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and repeat with as many eggs as desired.
- Finally let egg wraps cool slightly or fully, top as desired with fillings, roll, and serve warm or cold.
Go ahead and sleep in, because these creamy oats literally cook themselves overnight in the fridge. Plus you can choose between delicious flavors like PB&J, Milk and honey, Brownie Batter, or Lemon-Coconut.
- To make the brownie batter, use four 16-ounce jars.
- Add 1/2 cup oats, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon honey, 2/3 cup of milk, and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to each.
- Then cover them, shake to combine, and refrigerate.
- After soaking overnight, stir 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread into each jar.
- Finally top with hazelnuts, and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Bites
These peanut butter energy bites are a healthy, protein-packed breakfast option. The best part is that you can eat them now, or freeze them for later.
- Start by combining 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup ground flax seeds, and 2 tablespoons honey into a bowl.
- Stir to combine, and then place the mixture into the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
- Finally, roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week (or freezer!)
A smoothie is definitely one of the best quick and easy breakfast recipes. You can add whatever fruits, vegetables, proteins, and juices you want, but there's a quick and simple one.
- In a blender, purée one banana, and 6oz. of blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- Then blend in 6 oz. of pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of ice, and a teaspoon of ginger or honey if desired.
- Blend until smooth, then finally pour and drink up!