If you are someone with a hectic schedule, then you're probably not someone who is cooking every night. But let's face it, take-out can get expensive. What if we told you there were delicious meals that you could make in under 30 minutes? Continue reading to find out 3 healthy meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Pesto Corn Shrimp Salad
This salad is both healthy and delicious. Not to mention, super easy to make. 1 serving is only 371 calories, as it also contains 23 grams of protein. If you want to be healthy but don't have the time to cook, this recipe is for you!
- Using 4 medium sized ears of sweet corn, bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the corn until tender. This should take approximately 5 minutes or less.
- While the corn is cooking, place 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of basil leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a food processor until blended.
- Once the corn is finished, drain and place in a pot too cool. Next, in a medium sized bowl, cut the corn from the cob and stir in tomatoes and pepper.
- Now add some avocados and some of the basil mixture you have created.
- Marinate the shrimp with the remaining basil mixture and grill over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and place over corn salad to enjoy!
There's nothing more delicious than a good pizza after coming home from a long day. The only thing that would make it better was if the pizza was also healthy. This savory garden pizza is packed with veggies. One slice of this pizza is only 324 calories and 16 grams of protein! Pizza just became a main food group!
- The vegetables we chose were zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, and onions, but you can use whatever you like. Start by brushing them with oil, salt, and pepper. Next, grill them over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Now, sprinkle the ready-made crust with garlic and 1 cup of cheese and place veggies on top. Then, add the remaining cheese.
- Cover the pizza with aluminum foil and place in the stove for about 7 minutes. The crust should be golden brown and cheese should be melted when you take it out.
When we think of burgers, the first thing that comes to mind is not usually heathy. Well, now you can change that! These burger wraps are super simple and tasty. Having 2 burger wraps equals 252 calories and 24 grams of protein. This recipe can also be substituted for ground turkey meat as well, to make it even healthier.
- Using 1 pound of lean ground beef, combine it with salt and pepper and mix it well. After this is complete, shape the meat into 8 1/2 inch thick burgers.
- Cover and grill the burgers over medium heat for around 5-6 minutes, depending on how you like them cooked.
- Once they are cooked, place the burgers on lettuce leafs. Add feta cheese, avocado, onions, and tomatos.