Simple Romantic Recipes For An Evening In
Trying to step up date night? Or are you simply trying to impress your significant other with a romantic night in? Either way, we got you covered! Date night does not have to be stressful when you have the right amount of prep and guidance to back you up. Here we have provided six meals (three meals, three desserts, plus vegan options!) to help you perfectly master the date night anxiety.
Alfredo Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Kale
This is one of those recipes that sound so incredibly hard but is actually quite easy. It is deliciously creamy with notes of nuttiness from the parmesan cheese, while the butternut squash and kale help alleviate the heaviness of the alfredo.
Pairs nicely with a Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoon of Butter / Divided
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts - Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon of All-Purpose Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Large Garlic Clove - Minced
- 2 Cups of Butternut Squash - Cubed (Can Be Frozen or Fresh)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Kale - De-stemmed and Chopped
- 2 (12.oz) Packages of Gnocchi (such as DeBallo Brand)
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle over the seasoning, sautéing the chicken until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the gnocchi, cooking until the float to the top of the water (about 4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, add the butternut squash, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of butter into the pan and sauté for about 8 minutes. You want to make sure the squash is just fork-tender, but not mushy. Add the kale and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- To finish, add the rest of the butter, the heavy cream, and the parmesan cheese to the veggies and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Add in the chicken and gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve with more parmesan cheese and parsley to garnish.
Creamy Vegan Penne Vodka
Decadent, rich, and perhaps a little indulgent, this penne vodka is so easy to make but so easy to impress with! It will be our little secret!
Pairs nicely with a Cabernet Sauvignon or a Pinot Blanc
- 1 Cup of Raw Cashews - (Soaked In Water)
- 3/4 Cups of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots - finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1-28 oz Can of Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb of Pasta
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Before proceeding with the recipe, make sure your raw cashews have been soaked in water for at least 24 hours.
- Add drained cashews and water into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large, high-walled skillet or Dutch oven, sauté shallots and garlic in the olive oil. Deglaze the skillet with the vodka and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Let the vodka reduce by half and then add in the can of tomatoes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a boil and then let simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package's directions.
- When the sauce is done simmering, add in the cashew cream, stirring until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in the pasta and toss to coat. Add basil to garnish and enjoy!
Baked Herb and Garlic Bread
An easy pairing to the pasta dishes, garlic bread is a perfect side that surely help elevate your meal (We promise you'll still be kissed!).
- Baguette or Another Crusty Bread
- 1 Stick of Butter or Vegan Butter Substitute (At Room Temperature)
- 4 Teaspoons of Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon of Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter, garlic, garlic powder, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl. Spread mixture on the baguette, that is cut lengthwise down the middle of the loaf. Bake bread for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Cut into individual slices and enjoy!
Five-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Light and indulgent, this chocolate mousse is an instant hit with the cherry preserve whipped cream elevating it to the next level!
- 7-oz of Semisweet Chocolate - Finely Chopped
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Cherry Preserve
- In a large glass bowl, add the chopped chocolate and set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar until pale in color.
- In a saucepan, slowly heat 1/4 cup of cream over medium heat until simmering. Slowly add the cream to the egg yolks, to temper. Pour the cream mixture back into the pan and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and easily can coat the back of the spoon.
- Pour the mixture over a sieve placed over the chocolate. Stir to melt. If the mixture seems to lumpy, return back to heat to melt remaining chocolate or until the mixture becomes smooth.
- In another bowl, whip remaining 1 1/4 cups of cream until it forms stiff peaks, dividing mixture into half. Fold 1 cup of cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into four serving cups or ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- Before serving, take remaining 1/2 cup of whipped heavy cream and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and cherry preserves, just until combined and the cherry preserve streaks through the cream.
- Serve the mousse with a dollop of the cream and enjoy!
Vegan Cheesecake Dip
Super creamy and rich, this vegan cheesecake dip will surely impress any date!
- 4-oz of Dairy-Free Cream Cheese - (Recommend Daiya)
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Cream
- 1/4 Cup to 1/3 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- (Optional) Vegan Chocolate Chips - For Garnish
- Place the cream cheese alternative, the coconut cream, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, and salt into a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Serve With : Strawberries, Berries, or Cookies
Traditional White Sangria
Need a little added pick-me-up? Make this simple white sangria to pair with our Alfredo Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Kale.
- 1 Lime - Cut Into Rounds
- 1 Lemon - Cut Into Rounds
- 1/4 Cup of Cane Sugar or Sweetener of Choice (Such as Agave or Coconut Sugar)
- 1/4 Cup of Apple Brandy
- 1/2 of a Green Apple - Chopped into Small Slices
- 1 Medium Ripe Peach
- 1 Cup of Strawberries
- 1 750ml Bottle of Dry, Crisp White Wine (Such as a Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
- Add lime, lemon, and cane sugar into a large pitcher. Let the sugar sit on the fruit for about 30 seconds, then muddle with the back of a wooden spoon for about 45 seconds.
- Add apple brandy and muddle again for 45 seconds. Add green apple, peach, and strawberries, and stir to incorporate. Add the wine and stir once again.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Add more sweetener, lemon or lime juice for acidity, or fruit. Stir to combine.
- Add ice or frozen berries to chill. Serve as is or with more ice and add a little sparkling water to dilute if needed.
We surely hope you check out these romantic recipes of your next date night!