Male Meal Plan for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain
If your ultimate goal is to lose weight and gain muscle, then you have to learn that working out alone isn’t going to get you there. You have to change what you eat throughout the week, and that's why a male meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain exists. You can join in on the weight loss and muscle gain train in a smart and healthy way by following the below steps.
Meal Planning Is Essential
Many people don't meal plan because they simply don't know how or feel as though they don't have the time. However, creating a male meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain is actually quite easy once you get used to it and saves you lots of time in the long run. When you meal plan, you only have to do the work once, and then have food to eat all week. The two major pros of developing a meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain is: 1.) it saves yourself time and 2.) it guarantees you're eating the right amount of calories and the right foods every day. Just by developing a weekly meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain, you'll start to see results instantly. Meal planning involves shopping, cooking, and then preparing your meals each day. You should start this on a weekend so you have time to prep for the week, and so your body has a chance to adjust before diving into a busy week.
Quick Weight Loss Diet Plan
If your goal is weight loss with muscle gain, then you should stick to the below foods and meals. When creating your male meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain, choose one option for a meal each day and be sure to switch it up as the week goes on:
Breakfast: fruit/veggie smoothie, overnight oats, whole-wheat toast, eggs
Morning Snack: apple, banana, nuts, blueberries
Lunch: veggie soup, turkey and avocado sandwich, quinoa salad
Afternoon Snack: carrots, hummus, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas
Dinner: salmon, mahi-mahi, grilled chicken, shrimp, steak, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, sesame seeds
Keep Track Of Calories
You must mind calories as you are meal planning. You don't want to lose more than 2 pounds per week, or dip below 1500 calories per day. This can compromise your metabolism tremendously, and harm you rather than help. Remember this isn't a long-term plan, so you definitely don’t want to eat this way every week. Specific meal and snack ideas are a great way to kick off a weight loss goal, and you'll certainly see an initial drop. This is meant to keep you motivated, keep the momentum going, and increase your drive to succeed. You can see how many consecutive days you can stay on track by food logging, along with tracking your calories and weight to remain healthy through it. Most importantly at the end of the 7 days, don’t go right back to an unhealthy diet. You can enjoy that one treat meal at the end, but then get right back on track. Be sure to also figure out how many calories you really need each day, and keep working toward that long-term weight loss goal. As you progress, you'll start to see the muscle gain gradually as well.
Male Meal Plan For Weight Loss Recipes
After educating yourself on a meal plan for 1500 calories, it's time to put it into action. Try some of the below easy weight loss recipes!
- First whisk 8 eggs together with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- In a large, nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat, then pour in egg mixture
- Cook, stirring, until egg mixture starts to form soft curds (about 3 to 5 minutes)
- Using a potato masher, mash 1 cup of beans with 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Arrange 4 large whole grain flour tortillas on a clean work surface, and spread mashed beans down the center of each tortilla
- Top evenly with 1/2 cup of salsa, scrambled eggs, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Finally fold up bottom of tortillas over filling, then fold in sides, roll up tightly, and they're ready to be eaten!
Hearty Chicken Dish
- Begin with chopping 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes and 1 cup of Brussels sprouts, and place both on a sheet pan
- Next drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat
- Roast this at 450°F (230°C) until tender (about 15 minutes)
- Then brush a 4 oz chicken with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Grill this over medium-high heat until marked and no longer pink in the center (about 5 minutes per side)
- Finally plate, meal prep, and serve!
- Start by baking a 4 oz mahi-mahi at 400°F (200°C) until firm to the touch (about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness)
- Meanwhile, chop and steam 1 cup of carrots and 1 cup of broccoli until tender-crisp (about 5 minutes for the carrots, 3 minutes for the broccoli)
- Once the fish and vegetables are done, drizzle everything with 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Finally, enjoy your meal and save the rest for later in the week!
Share with us your male meal plan for weight loss and muscle gain by tagging us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables. Be sure to check out our new articles published daily!
Be sure to also check out iTouch Wearables' lineup of smartwatches, fitness trackers, and accessories.