Fun Activities To Try This Winter
Long winters can be rough to stay active. It’s cold, it’s dark, and daylight is much shorter. It’s easy to form unhealthy habits from this, such as spending too much time on the internet, overeating, and oversleeping. It’s important to stay physically active, emotionally engaged, and intellectually stimulated throughout the season though. To achieve this, we’ve compiled a bunch of fun activities to try this winter!
Outdoor Winter Activities
Even though it’s a cold or snowy day, it shouldn’t stop you from going outside. Don’t escape the cold by staying in your house with your phone or laptop. Bundle up and get some fresh air with these outdoor activities!
- Explore winter in a new city.
- Go ice skating, sledding, or snow tubing.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Learn how to ski or go skiing.
- Try snowboarding.
- Build a snowman or snow fort.
- Have a snow sculpture competition.
- Go on a winter hike.
- Shovel snow for those in need of it.
- Roast marshmallows over a fire.
- Go ice fishing.
- Hold a bonfire with friends or family.
- Go camping if you have the proper equipment.
Indoor Winter Activities
Of course when winter conditions are too harsh or it gets too late at night, you’ll need some indoor activities to do. You may even discover a hidden talent or new interest with one of these!
- Complete indoor workouts.
- Cook a meal and learn a new recipe.
- Bake goodies for your family or friends.
- Read a new book.
- Learn how to do a new craft, such as knitting.
- Go to an indoor water park.
- Have a movie night with friends.
- Drink hot chocolate in front of a fireplace.
- Participate in a fundraiser.
- Visit a museum.
- Play card games or board games.
- Reconnect with old friends and relatives.
- Go swimming at an indoor pool.
- Take an art class.
- Plan a vacation.
- Hold a slumber party with face masks.
- Join a gym.
- Attend yoga classes.
- Clean out your closet or room.
- Donate clothes and household goods to charity.
- Go to a play or show.
Proactive Winter Activities
If you’re someone who needs to be working or staying ahead on their work even during a break, then these proactive activities are for you. Winter is the perfect time to get things done and get yourself organized!
- Start a small business.
- Babysit for a family to earn some extra cash.
- Volunteer for your community.
- Build a website or portfolio.
- Take an online class.
- Visit a college or multiple ones.
- Start filling out scholarship applications.
- Fill out college applications.
- Practice budgeting skills.
- Open a credit card or charge card.
- Get a seasonal job or internship.
- Job shadow a professional who you’d love to work for.