Easy Recipes For Your Busy Work Week
Here at iTouch Wearables, we are not just smartwatch fanatics and techies. We are ordinary people living familiar lives merely trying to figure out and find the perfect balance between our work lives, active lives, and social lives. Just like you, we understand the hardships that come with working a nine - to - (hopefully in most cases) five job and trying to be happy and healthy at the same time. Despite the occasional glass of wine and Netflix binge session (guilty), we genuinely try our best in creating healthy meals for not only us but for our families. To manage our crazy work weeks and our stomaches, we opt in creating and finding easy to make recipes that take 30 minutes or less! Here are some of our favorite recipes to help you and your busy work week (vegans included!):
Blackberry and Basil Pizza
We promise you - it isn't as weird as it sounds! The blackberries provide the pizza with a delicious sweetness that balances the savoriness of the meal. With sweet Italian sausage and fresh basil, it makes for a fancy yet easy meal that everyone can enjoy!
Serves 8 | From Chelsea's Messy Kitchen
- 1 Package of Pillsbury’s Best Refrigerated Classic Crust Pizza Dough or Other Pizza Dough
- 4 Ounces of Italian Sausage
- 2 Teaspoons of Garlic - Minced
- 3/4 Cup of Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Heaping Cup of Blackberries - (15-20 Large Blackberries)
- 6 Ounces of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper - To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the oven rack in low position. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, add the sausage, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds to 1 more minute or until fragrant. Using slotted spoon, transfer to small bowl.
- Unroll the dough with the oven-safe parchment paper onto an ungreased large cookie sheet (dough bakes on paper). Spread the tomato sauce evenly over dough avoiding the "crust." Cut the mozzarella cheese into 1/4th inch thick pieces and cut those pieces in thirds. Place these pieces all over the pizza.
- Fill in any empty spaces with the blackberries and cooked sausage mixture. Drizzle olive oil all over the top of the pizza and then generously sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Bake for 16 to 21 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Meanwhile, ribbon the basil. Let pizza stand for 3-4 minutes and then top with basil. Cut and enjoy immediately.
- Calories : 258
- Total Fat : 14.6 grams
- Cholesterol : 32.4 milligrams
- Sodium : 550.5 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates : 18.9 grams
- Fiber : 2.1 grams
- Sugar : 2.2 grams
- Protein : 12.1 grams
Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage & Broccoli
Serves 4 | From Ambitious Kitchen
This pasta dish is healthy and filling, making it a great meal for after a busy work day or a crazy workout. With the blend of chicken sausage, peppers, broccoli, onion, and basil, it makes the perfect dish for anyone!
- 10 Ounces of Uncooked Whole Wheat Pasta - Such as a Rigatoni or Ziti)
- 3 Cups of Broccoli Florets - Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 4 Precooked Chicken Sausages - Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Julienned Into Small Slices
- 1 Small White Onion - Chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
Add pasta to a large pot with heavily salted water and cook until al dente, as directed on the package. Once the pasta has cooked, drain, then transfer the pasta back into pot.
While pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, sliced chicken sausages, broccoli, red pepper and onion to a large skillet and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until chicken sausages are slightly golden and veggies are al dente.
Add the cooked veggie and chicken sausage mixture to the pasta and stir. Next add in parmesan, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour into bowls and serve immediately.
Serve with extra parmesan on top and a sprinkle of parsley.
Nutritional Facts - 1 Serving
- Calories: 454
- Fat: 11.2 grams
- Saturated fat: 3.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 63.5 grams
- Fiber: 9.7 grams
- Sugar: 4.4 grams
- Protein: 25.3 grams
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
This salad can be served family-style and makes an excellent side dish or meal with the combination of apples, hazelnuts, and Pecorino cheese.
Serves 4 | From Country Living Magazine
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Honey
1 Pound of Brussels sprouts - Trimmed and Thinly Sliced
1 Large Gala Apple - Cut Into Matchsticks
1 Small Shallot - Chopped
1/4 Cup of Toasted Hazelnuts - Chopped
1 Ounce of Pecorino cheese - Shaved
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, and honey in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts, apple, shallot, and hazelnuts; toss to combine. Fold in Pecorino and enjoy!
- Calories - 234
- Total Fat - 16.8 grams
- Cholesterol - 7 milligrams
- Sodium - 230 milligrams
- Carbohydrates - 17.9 grams
- Fiber - 5.3 grams
- Sugars - 8.6 grams
- Protein - 7.6 grams
Grilled Asparagus and Shiitake Tacos
What better way to end the busy work day than by eating some amazing tacos! Rich and creamy guacamole highlight the asparagus and mushrooms to make an excellent vegan dish satisfying for anyone!
Serves 4 - From Country Living Magazine
- 3 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Crushed or Minced
- 1 Teaspoon of Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 8 Ounces of Asparagus
- 8 Ounces of Shiitake Mushrooms - Stems Discarded
- 1 Bunch Green Onions - Trimmed
- 8 Corn Tortillas - Warmed
- 1 Cup of Homemade or Prepared Guacamole
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro Sprigs
- Hot Sauce - For Serving
- Heat grill on medium. In a large baking dish, combine oil, garlic, chipotle, and salt. Add asparagus, shiitakes, and green onions; toss to coat. Grill asparagus until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally; 5 to 6 minutes. Grill shiitakes and green onions until lightly charred, turning occasionally; 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to cutting board.
- Cut asparagus and green onions into 2" lengths and slice shiitakes. Serve with corn tortillas, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- Calories : 350
- Protein : 7 grams
- Carbohydrates : 36 grams
- Total Fat : 21 grams
- Fiber : 11 grams
- Sodium : 445 milligrams
5-Minute Vegetable Coconut Wraps
Looking for something to make in just a matter of minutes! This super quick meal is tangy and delicious, making it a highlight for any vegan or vegetarian dish!
Serves 5 | From Minimalist Baker
- 5 Coconut Wraps
- 2/3 Cups of Hummus
- 7 1/2 Tablespoons of Green Curry Paste - Store Brought or Fresh
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Carrots
- 1 Ripe Avocado - Sliced
- 2 1/2 Cups of Kale - Chopped
Lay a single coconut wrap on a clean surface or cutting board. Add 2 tablespoons of hummus and 1 1/2 tablespoons of curry paste and spread on the end of the wrap closest to you.
Add bell pepper, carrots, avocado, kale, and cilantro and roll tightly away from you. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Repeat until you have 5 coconut wraps (or as many as you desire).
Best served fresh. Can store leftovers covered in refrigerator up to 1 day.