Eggs can get boring when you have them the same way every day. On the Keto Diet, eggs will become your best friend because they are an easy way to include fats and proteins in your day. However, you need to get creative when it comes to how you make them. Continue reading for creative ways to eat eggs on the Keto Diet.
Quiche can eaten for breakfast or lunch and can be made ahead of time for an easy grab-and-go meal during the week.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut 6 slices of bacon into chunks and place them in a pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of almond flour, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and knead together. Press dough into an 11x17 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The crust should not be fully cooked because it will continue to cook after we add the filling.
- Once the bacon is finished cooking, remove it from the pan and place it on a paper towel. This will help to remove the excess oil. Then, add green peppers and garlic to the sauce pan that you previously used to cook the bacon. Allow it to sautee for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add 6 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, green peppers, bacon, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix together.
- Next, you can pour the mixture into the crust and bake for another 15 minutes. You can also broil the quiche for an additional 3-5 minutes after to make the top golden brown.
Cheesy Ham Hash Egg Cups
These small egg cups are great to have in the morning to start your day. They are made in the perfect portion sizes for you to have just enough hold over your hunger until lunch.
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop up 2 cups of ham, 1/4 cup of onion, 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1/4 of garlic powder, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a food processor until finely ground.
- Next, stir in parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar-free mayo, and 1/4 almond flour.
- Press the dough into 9 large muffin pans. Bake them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- After you have removed them from the oven, break one egg into each muffin cup.
- Place muffins back in the oven for another 20 minutes until eggs are cooked to your perfection.
- Remove from the oven and let cool
Avocado Egg Cups
This avocado egg recipe accommodates low carb, keto, and paleo diets. They are also a fun and easy meal that can be cooked in under 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lining a baking pan with foil or parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed as well as an extra spoon full of the avocado. This will allow the egg to have more room.
- Make sure the avocados are tight in the baking dish so they do not spill and create an unnecessary mess.
- Carefully, crack each egg inside the avocado. If there is not enough room for the entire egg, just use the yolk and keep the egg whites on the side.
- Bake for 18 minutes until the eggs are done.
- Toppings to include; crispy bacon, peppers, spinach, and fresh herbs.
Egg Snickerdoodle Crepes
You would not know that this recipe is keto, if no one told you. This sweet and savory breakfast treat will make you think twice before eating anything else.
- Blend together 6 eggs, 5oz of softened cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of Splenda (sugar substitute).
- Coat the bottom of a nonstick pan with a little bit of butter to ensure that the crepe does not stick. Allow pan to heat until the butter sizzles
- Pour a thin layer of batter to the pan. It should be just enough to cover the bottom.
- Allow the crepe to cook for about 2 minutes on each side. You should watch the dough very closely because cooking time could be less.
- After the crepe is finished, stack on a war plate.
- Start making the filling by mixing more Splenda and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add a little softened butter to the mix.
- Spread the butter mixture on top of the crepe and roll tightly. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.