CBD Infused Recipes To Help You Manage Your Health
In might be quite surprising to hear, but cooking with cannabis is not a recent thing - it actually can date as far back as the 10th century India! In these times, people began experimenting with a mixture of ground cannabis flowers and milk (known as bhang) for spiritual purposes. Even more, similar recipes were discovered in Italy during the Renaissance. It seems that, however, it wasn’t until the second half of the 20th century that the popularity of cooking with the herb exploded and became the revolutionary practice that it is today. Cannabis can definitely "spice up" your cooking experience and add a plethora of health benefits to your nutrition regime, so it is not surprising to see why people have adopted this activity with so much enthusiasm. When it comes to cooking with CBD oil, however, this is a relatively new phenomenon. In this article, we’ve prepared a list of our favorite CBD-infused recipes, both savory and sweet and everything in-between, to help you manage your health (mainly your stress or anxiety) in fun, holistic way!
This guacamole is hands down the king of all dips and can be used for a side or main dish. The main ingredient, avocado, consists mostly of fats, which makes for a perfect base to infuse your CBD oil into.
Recipe From Creating Better Days
Gather Together :
- 3 Medium Ripe Avocados - Peeled, Halved, and Seeded
- 1 Tablespoon on Lime Juice
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Medium Onion - Finely Diced
- 2 Small Tomatoes - Seeded and Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove - Minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- ½ of a Jalapeno Pepper - Finely Chopped
- 1 mL of CBD Oil (Of Choice)
- Place the avocados in a mortar or bowl and mash them with a fork or pestle.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice. Top the mixture with your CBD oil and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the guacamole sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
CBD-Infused Mint Julep
This refreshing cocktail is perfect for kicking relaxation mode into overdrive. The vegetal notes from the mint create an incredible backdrop and undertone to the drink that transforms this whiskey-centric cocktail into a serious game-changer.
Serves - One Drink | Recipe From GOOP
Gather Together :
- 2 1/2 Ounces of Bourbon
- 1/2 Ounce of Simple Syrup
- 8 Fresh Mint Leaves - Plus More For Garnish
- 15 mg of CBD Oil
- Muddle the leaves and simple syrup in a chilled julep cup.
- Add the bourbon and top with pebble ice.
- Swizzle, then top with more pebble ice.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Grilled Apricot, Watermelon & Arugula CBD Summer Salad
This recipe is perfect for spring, especially when craving fresh fruits and veggies. The best way to indulge in those ingredients is to turn them into a refreshing spring salad.
recipe From The Herb Somm
Gather Together :
- 4 cup of Arugula
- ½ Medium Watermelon - Cubed
- 2-3 Small-Sized Apricots - Sliced
- ¼ Red Onion -Chopped
- A Handful of Mint Leaves - Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Feta Cheese
CBD-Infused Honey Balsamic Dressing:
- ¼ Cup of Honey
- ½ Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.25 grams 99% Pure CBD Isolate Powder
- Himalayan salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the rinsed and sliced apricots lightly with olive oil and place them on a grill pan.
- Cook for 1–2 per side just enough to caramelize the apricots. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the watermelon, mint and onion in a bowl and set aside as well.
- For the vinegar, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey along with 0.25 grams of the isolate powder. Mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Grab a salad bowl and add the arugula, mint, and red onion. Pour the desired amount of dressing to the bowl and toss well. You can use a tablespoon to measure out the dressing.
- Transfer the salad to plates and top with grilled apricots, cubed watermelon, and a sprinkle of feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These cookie bar are decadent and perfectly indulgent! They will be a showstopper for anyone with a sweet-tooth!
Recipe From Kale Junkie
Gather Together :
- ½ Cup of Almond Butter
- ½ Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 90mL melted CBD Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Shredded Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg - Beaten Lightly
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line an 8×8 baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper. You may want to spay the pan prior to using the paper so that it sticks to the pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips using a wooden or silicone spatula.
- Bake for 20-25.
- Take your cookie bars out of the oven and let them cool off to room temperature. Divide them into several pieces according to your liking.
Making CBD-infused recipes at home is a fun and very rewarding way to deliver cannabinoids into your system. If you need your CBD to release at a slower pace and keep you ailment-free for the whole day — CBD edibles are the way to go.
Share with us your favorite recipes by following us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and by dropping a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!