We get it - Who would want to take a bath in the middle of July?
Well, we would! Want to know why? - Because we believe that self-care is important and an essential part of creating a positive well-being and mental state. And also, who doesn't love taking baths! As mentioned before, baths have become an essential part of my self-care routine. It has become a time where I can truly relax my body after working out, spend time to catch up on some reading, maybe even take a moment to do a face-mask and treat myself to some extra luxuries. As Jonathan Van Ness, the queen of all things self-care, would say, "You have to create little pockets of joy in your life to take care of yourself." So take some time for yourself to create a little pocket of joy by taking a bath.
If you are curious on how to step up your bath game, we did write a post covering the "Art of Taking A Bath," which can prove itself as an essential beginner guide to the self-care luxury. However, if you are looking to kick it up a notch, here are a little more "extra" relaxing bath ideas that are perfect for your next spa night:
Coconut Milk Bath Soak
Have you enjoyed a coconut milk bath before? Are you excited to make one and relax in all if it’s goodness? Here is an easy beginner recipe for getting your own coconut bath started!
- 1 Cup of Fine Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons of Creamed Coconut
- 10-20 Drops of Essential Oil - Like Lavender, Orange, or Jasmine
- In a coffee grinder or mini food processor, grind your shredded coconut into a flour.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a mixing bowl and add the corn starch. Mix well.
- Add the essential oils (if using) and quickly mix it into the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, scoop in the creamed coconut and blend once more. You should have a nice, moist, powder-like consistency.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Add to the bath as you are pouring the bath so that the coconut milk bath powder mixes well. The water should be almost opaque.
Orange Peel and Olive Oil Bath Soak
With scents of citrus and the calming properties of the olive oil, this bath soak is perfect for any simple spa night!
- Three Oranges - Dried and Peeled
- 2 Glasses of Fresh Orange Juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Peel off three oranges, dry and grind their peel in a coffee grinder. Dump into a bowl.
- Add two glasses of fresh orange juice, stir thoroughly. In the end, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Fill a bathtub halfway with water and add half of the bubble bath. Get in the bathtub and continue to fill with water.
- Pour the mixture into a warm bath. Bathe and rinse the skin with warm water after bathing.
This recipe is perfect for treating irritated skin and contains numerous soothing properties to help you feel relaxed and refreshed!
- 2 Cups of Full-Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/4 Cup of Oatmeal - Ground in a Food Processor
- 5 Tablespoons of Almond Oil
- 6 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Combine the milk, honey, oatmeal and oils in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Run a warm tub and pour mixture into tub. Mix well. Soak and relax.
With these bath spa ideas, you will be relaxing in no time!
Share with us you favorite relaxing bath ideas by following us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables and by dropping a comment and like. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily and the latest styles on iTouchWearables.com!