How To Pick The Best Flowers For Mother's Day
With Mother's Day just almost upon us, thinking about what to get your mother something can be a bit of a struggle. But now more than ever, it is decision making time. When it comes to Mother's Day, you want to surprise mother with the best gift you possibly can. So when it comes to flowers on Mother's Day, choosing carefully and getting your message spot on always pays off when getting something for your mother (she can also probably use a little bit of a self-care day). To help, we’ve collected together the top picks for the very best flowers that you can send her on the big day itself. So take a little of the stress out of getting your gift right and try sending your mom one (or more) of these types of fantastic flowers.
Gerberas are a classic bouquet flower that are well known for communicating happiness and joy. Gerbera daisies are native to South Africa, and are actually one of the most popular flower in the world. They are perennial plants with a range of colors like deep red, yellow, cream, and white. By presenting a bouquet of these blooms in varied colors, you will surely bring a smile to your mother's face. In fetching a bunch of these beauties for someone special in your life, it may be important to know that each different color of gerberas have their own distinct meaning:
- Orange Gerberas : For long, orange has been associated with enthusiasm, energy and warmth. With gerberas, they convey that the person you present it to is the sunshine of your life and instantly make your day brighter - which when it comes to mothers, is definitely important!
- Purple Gerberas : Purple gerberas depict elegance and pride and are also signs of feminine beauty.
- Yellow Gerberas : The bright yellow color signifies friendship and happiness.
- Pink Gerberas : Pink signifies grace and gentility, while those that are light pink gerberas express admiration and sympathy and dark pink ones are a symbol of gratitude.
Roses simply do not have to be for Valentine's Day! Roses are unsurprisingly among the most popular flowers to send in almost any occasion - Mother’s Day this is no exception. What is so great about roses is the vast amount of colors they come in, making it an easy choose for a versatile and quality Mother’s Day flower.
There is a ton of lore that goes into roses and their specific meaning. For example, roses are also used on four tarot cards : The Fool, the Magician, the Strength card, and the Death card. On the Fool, white rose are used to symbolize purity and serve as a tool to cleanse the mind. On the Magician card, roses signify unfolding wisdom. On the Strength card, the rose represents balance. And on the Death card, it’s a reminder of purity and clarity.
A rose’s symbolism also are known to vary by the color of the rose as well. Here are some of the common meanings behind each color:
- Red Roses - symbolize love and romance
- Pink Roses - symbolize gratitude, grace, admiration, and joy.
- Orange Roses - symbolize enthusiasm and passion.
- Yellow Roses - symbolize friendship.
- White Roses - symbolize innocence and purity.
Lilies make for a big, beautiful and expressive flowers that surely will be a wonderful and colorful Mother’s Day surprise. They are a premium quality flower that certainly show your mom how much she is truly valued. Lilies also contain a wide variety of lore, with white lilies symbolizing chastity and virtue, being the symbol of the Virgin Mary's purity and her role of Queen of the Angels. Like many other flowers, other varieties of lilies have brought with them additional meanings and symbolism as well.
Lilies commonly grow in white, yellow, pink, red, and orange, each color having their own meaning:
- White Lilies - symbolize purity and virtue.
- Pink Lilies - symbolize prosperity and abundance.
- Red Lilies - symbolize passion.
- Orange Lilies (Tiger-lilies) - symbolize confidence, pride, and wealth.
- Yellow Lilies - symbolize thankfulness and desire for enjoyment.
Carnations are perhaps one of the most traditional flowers to give your mom on Mother’s Day. While they come in a vast array of colors, white carnations were symbolically associated with the festivities. However, nowadays you don’t need to feel limited by the color, as carnations are bright and genuinely expressive in their many other hues.
Here are the different meanings behind the colors of each carnation:
- White Carnations - symbolize purity and luck.
- Light Red Carnations - symbolize admiration.
- Dark Red Carnations - symbolize love and affection.
- Pink Carnations - symbolize gratitude.
- Purple Carnations - symbolize capriciousness.
One or more of these choices of flower would make the ideal surprise for your mom on her special day. There’s no doubting that there’s a lot of choice when it comes down to Mother’s Day bouquets. However with the options narrowed down a little more, choosing the best selection of flowers that suit her personality doesn’t need to be a headache or a stress-worthy event!
Share with us your favorite things to do for your mother on Mother's Day by tagging us on Instagram @itouchwearables and Facebook @itouchwearables. Also, be sure to check out our new articles published daily!