Running out of lunch ideas? Are you eating the same boring thing? Now you can use a bento box to have new, creative, and fun ways to enjoy lunch that are also healthy. Bento box is small lunch box that holds your entire lunch in one container. Does this sound easy and convenient? Keep reading to find some healthy bento box recipes.
Burrito Bento Bowl
This box is packed with protein and easy to put together. Step one of this recipe should be made the night before. If you have a leftover meat that you made the previous night, this can be used as well. Whatever is going to make this box easier for you!
- On the bottom of the container, add a mix of black beans, quinoa, pulled pork, and brown rice. This is all the protein that is going to keep you full for the rest of the day and not have a craving for any unhealthy snacks.
- The top level is going to have all the decoration! Add avocado, cilantro, corn, cheese, crumbled tortilla chips, and dressing.
- The dressing can be made from lite ranch and chipotle seasoning. Mix it all together and drizzle over the bowl.
Chicken Pesto Zucchini Bento Box
This is a great gluten free option. It is can also made in a larger portion as an entree for dinner.
- Start with chicken breasts and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- For the zucchini noodles, many stores sell them already cut into noodles. If you cut the zucchini yourself, it can become complicated. If you don't make them the same size, they will not cook evenly. These should cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, chop up 1-3 pounds of cherry tomatoes.
- To make the pesto sauce; place garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and basil into a food processor. While the food processor is on, drizzle a small amount of olive oil into the mix. Now, store over the stove on low heat.
- After all ingredients are cooked, mix together and place into your container. Enjoy!
Ham Sandwich Bento Box
This recipe is so simple and easy that all you need is 5 minutes in the morning to pack this. This is also a great filling and healthy alternative to add to your everyday lunch options.
- Simply create a ham sandwich anyway you like. You can add cheese, mayo, mustard, lettuce, or anything else you please. Then put it into you bento box.
- As a side, you can pack some healthy string cheese, carrots, and celery.
Bagel Boy Bento Box
Another cool alternative to the bento box is the bagel boy bento box. Its a smaller amount of food, but extra filling.
- Cut a full size bagel in half. Fill the bagel with a favorite type of meat. Some suggestions are ham, turkey, or tuna.
- Fill the rest of your bento box with a tangerine, few carrot sticks, and kiwi.
- The small leftover area should be used for a fun treat, like popcorn (no butter, of course).
Hope these recipes give you some new ideas for lunch or help you create even better ones.