5 High Protein Breakfasts You Should Be Eating To Starting Your Day Off Right
What’s the most important meal of the day?...Breakfast! We all know this fact, but how many of us can say we actually eat it? Breakfast starts our bodies off for the day. There are some easy high protein breakfast recipes that taste great and give you the essential elements you need. Believe it or not, by skipping breakfast, your blood sugar is lowered and the body loses the ability to preform at its best for the rest of the day. The food that you consume, whether good or bad, is going to predict how you are feeling for the day. The recipes below are both delicious and full of protein.
Raspberry Cheesecake Smoothie
This smoothie is simple and easy. If you are missing breakfast because you're too busy in the morning, than this is for you! It has 23 grams of protein as well as 14 grams of fiber. This is also a more filling option that will curb your hunger until lunch. Smoothies are a healthy way to get all the necessary servings of nutrients for the day.
- Simply throw in frozen raspberries, unsweetened almond milk, low-fat cottage cheese, a medium avocado, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Next, cut a ripe banana into chunks and combine it with the other ingredients and Blend it together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
This is a vegan/gluten-free option that is packed with protein. Besides being full of protein, this item satisfies most dietary restrictions. This is one of the longer and harder recipes to make, therefore it is a good option for the weekend.
- Begin by chopping a green onion and red pepper.
- Add water into a mixing bowl and whisk chickpea flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and baking powder.
- Now, mix in chopped veggies.
- Spray a large frying pan liberally with non-stick cooking oil. Add the mix to the pan and allow it to cook (this is going to take longer than regular pancakes to cook). Allow 5-6 minutes on each side for cooking time.
- Serve with avocado, hummus, or cashew cream toppings.
Avocado Toast With Cottage Cheese & Tomato
This easy recipe is great for breakfast or even a mid-day snack as well. It is ready in 5 minutes and can even be prepared the night before if you wish and left in the fridge. Cottage cheese is a great source of protein and makes the body feel fuller for longer periods of time. It also adds a great amount of nutrients to the meal. This meal consists of 25 grams of protein.
- Plate whole grain bread and top with cottage cheese, tomatoes, and avocado (Note: Any bread can be used for this recipe however, whole grain bread is the best choice).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Blackberry Vanilla French Toast
This breakfast option is the best of both worlds. It's healthy and scrumptious! Who knew French toast would be healthy? This recipe contains 22 grams of protein.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Soak slices of whole wheat bread until moist.
- Coat a cooking pan with non-stick cooking oil and place the bread on top to start cooking. Allow for the bread to cook until it's golden brown. This usually takes up to 3 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup and blackberries.
Egg muffins are low-carb and high in protein. This is a great breakfast that can be meal prepped on Sunday and eaten throughout the week. It is also a great "grab and go" option for all busy moms to give their children on the way to school. Egg muffins are packed with protein to make their children and them feel fueled for the day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and begin preparing ingredients. Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces. Then, place into a food processor or blender until it is finely chopped.
- Whisk eggs in a small mixing bowl. After this is completed, cut ham and kale into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients into the egg bowl.
- Separate the mixture into muffin pans. Cook until eggs are firm, this usually takes about 20 mins.
Fueled for The Day
The body benefits in many ways by consuming high amounts of protein. Some of the benefits include weight loss, reduced hunger, and helps to maintain a lean body by burning more fat. Breakfast is essential for everyone but also hard for everyone. With busy lifestyles today, rarely anyone is sitting down to eat. Hopefully these high protein breakfasts can help you to start enjoying the most important meal of the day!