When it comes to your swimwear, it is easy to forget that sustainability counts, even when it is something that is only wear seasonally. But think about it - how many times a year to you go out to buy a swimsuit to then find that the straps either break or the fabric is too uncomfortable or unsupportive? For some, too many times to count. That is why today we have put together a list of some of the all-time best sustainable swimwear companies to try this summer. Why you might ask? Because these swimwear pieces are made to last! This means that once you find the right swimsuit to fit your style and needs, it will keep for a lifetime! They are also made from recycled materials so you can feel good knowing that you are giving back to the environment. So if you are ready to step into the perfect swimsuit, here are the top 4 sustainable swimwear companies to try this summer!
- Based In : St. Louis, MO
- Ethics : Recycled textiles, suits are shipped in reusable bags, veteran-owned
- Product Range : Women’s bikinis, one-pieces
- Price Range : Separates start at $45, one-pieces start at $95
Summersalt is an amazing company that has used over 1.5 million body measurements from 10,000 women to create their line. Summersalt uses the patented TrueMeasure process, in which the company offers the perfect fit when it comes to swimwear, so you can feel confident when it comes to the beach (they also have a Style + Size Finder quiz to view the best suits made for your body-type). Their swimsuits are sustainable as they are made with recycled textiles that are five times the strength and four times the compression of other swimwear out on the market. The two and one-piece suits from this company are fashionable, sustainable, and made-to-last.
- Ethics : ECONYL® regenerated nylon, transparent supply chain, fair wages, gives back, and eco-friendly packaging
- Product Range : Women's bikinis, one-pieces, tankinis, swim shorts, hats & beach bags, and children's swimwear
- Price Range : Separates start at $38, one-pieces start at $85
If you are looking for planet-friendly swimwear that is based and designed in the UK, Boden is our go-to-shop. Their stunning swimsuits are made from ECONYL® regenerated fabric, which means that they are created from fishing nets are literally scooped from the ocean and recycled to make this collection. Trust us when we say that these truly magic. They are comfortable, stylish, and durable - so you won't need to replace your bikini after only one season. Boden promises that their suits will last, with a 365 day return policy to guarantee it. Shop for women's swimwear, hats, beach bags, and eco-friendly swimsuits for kids. Internationally shipping options available.
- Based In : Laguna Beach, CA
- Ethics : Made in the USA, recycled nylon with water conservation efforts
- Product Range : Women’s bikinis, one-pieces, beachwear, accessories
- Price Range : Separates start at $78, one-pieces start at $146
Vitamin A swimwear is designed and manufactured in California, their brand being inspired by travel and modern art. The brand is an innovative user in EcoLux™ technology and fibers, which is a superfine matte jersey swim fabric produced locally in California. The fabrics are made from using recycled nylon fiber to conserve resources and LYCRA XTRA LIFE® fiber to extend the life of each swimsuit - meaning that they will last far beyond that of traditional spandex products. The prints are created, when possible, with water-less digital technology at factories specially chosen for their innovative approaches to conserving electricity and water. It is a win-win for your style, and the environment!
- Based In : New York, NY
- Ethics : Eco-friendly fabrics with a sustainable supply chain, and body-positive
- Product Range : Women’s two-pieces, one-pieces
- Price Range : Separates start at $30, one-pieces start at $59
Alyned Together knows that every body is a beach body, no matter what size or shape. That is why their company has created an eco-responsible swimwear collection that is totally inclusive and works for nearly anyone and everyone, from XS to 3X! They have a ton of gorgeous designs modeled by a diverse set of womxn, their collection featuring flattering silhouettes at an affordable price points. Their swimsuits are made from upcycling 80-90 percent recycled polyester, it's one of the first swimwear companies to be both size-inclusive and sustainable.