You finally have an iFitness activity tracker and are ready to get more steps. This is the fun part! Set your goals first. We recommend at least 10,000 steps per day. This may be a challenge for some, but with a little bit of extra time scheduled in for fun activities, it will be the best part of your day!
Here are 7 fun ways to get more steps:
1. Chase your dog in the park! Bring a ball, throw it, and then play chase! Your furry friend will love the steps as much as you!
2. Walk to lunch rather than driving. Chances are there is a cafe or restaurant within walking distance of your workplace. Why not just walk rather than drive? The air and physical activity will boost your mood and help you get back to work with a clear head. It can also be a good time to catch up with your favorite co-worker!
3. Play tennis or volleyball. Sometimes the classic sports get you the most steps and are definitely fun! Volleyball or tennis will keep you moving and help you get in even more steps.
4. Go to the mall and walk! Walking just got more fun when it's in the mall, especially with Christmas shopping to do!
5. Race your kids. This sounds silly, but a few minutes of family races will get your heart pumping, increase steps, and it may even spark a little bit of competition when it comes to speed!
6. Go look at Christmas Lights....on foot! This year, rather than driving through the neighborhood...take a walk!
7. Do a fun run for a good cause. This one will not only be fun, but it will give you all the warm fuzzies that help bring meaning to our days.
There you have it. Getting more steps in a day can sometimes be a challenge, but making it fun can help you remember to do it and increase the chances of getting it done.
Why should I get more steps?
Getting at least 10,000 steps per day with an iFitness activity tracker has lots of benefits!
- Sounder sleep
- Improved mood
- Increase cardio health
- Lower anxiety
- Improved focus ability for meaningful work.
- Increased circulation for better lymph drainage and detoxification
Something really important to keep in mind is the dangers of not getting steps. Yes, it's true. Sitting is the new smoking. The most important element of health in the 21st century is our activity level. Having an iFitness activity tracker can make the steps more fun to track, and it looks great on our wrist, but it's really doing a lot more. Keeping active helps us to be healthier and experience a better quality of life. Being creative makes steps more fun, but don't forget how important it is to get them done. If it means going to the gym and doing the treadmill for 30 minutes, then just get it done. Maybe play your favorite music and run rather than walk to make it go by faster. Steps are critical to our health and tracking them with an iFitness activity tracker can help you make sure you get what you need.